Sleep apnea is a common sleep disorder in which your breathing temporarily stops during sleep due to blockage of the upper airways. These pauses in breathing interrupt your sleep, leading to many awakenings each hour. Sleep apnea is a serious, and potentially life – threatening, sleep disorder. It is important to see a doctor right away!
Most Common Signs and Symptoms:
- Loud, chronic snoring
- Frequent pauses in breathing during sleep
- Decreased productivity.
- Lack of energy
- Exhaustion during the day
- Irritability and depression
- Gasping, snoring, or choking during sleep
- Feeling restless and unrefreshed after waking up.
- Feeling sleepy during the day,
- Waking up with shortness of breath chest pains, nasal congestion, or a dry throat.
- Headaches, while waking up or throughout the day
- High Blood Pressure
- Higher Risk of Diabetes
- Higher risk of heart attack
- Higher risk of brain damage and stoke